Along the untamed Limpopo river, just outside of Musina, is Maswiri Dam. And if you have never visited this dam before, then you are missing out on one of South Africa’s best kept secrets. As a popular location for fishermen in the area, it’s known for it's giant bass, kurper and barbels. Whilst fishing here, you will be presented with unique game viewing opportunities like crocodiles, hippos, waterbuck, and other game. In addition, you will be blown away by the sheer amount of bird life that flourishes around this beautiful dam.
The Dam forms part of our Private Game Reserve, and we manage it very carefully to ensure it is always very well stocked. To this end, Maswiri Dam does not allow any day fishing. Fishing is for Beskow Lodge Guests only. Beskow Lodge is located about 5 minutes from the dam. For more information on Beskow lodge click here. To visit us for a fishing trip you are welcome to make a booking with one of our friendly team members.
- Fishing is for Beskow Lodge guests only
- No day fishing is allowed
- Fishing is limited to 5 fish per person per day
- Accommodation is R750 per person per night for adults
- Children under 12 are R375 per child per night when sharing with an adult
- Children under 2 stay free when sharing with an adult
- Fishing is R220 per person per day for a bag of 5 or catch and release
- A R300 boat launching fee applies
- From Monday to Thursday, single night stays are allowed
- From Friday to Sunday a minimum of a 2 night stay with 2 adults is required
- On long weekends, the full long weekend stay with 2 adults is required
Maswiri Dam - No Day Fishing Allowed.